Adults, Young Adults, Older Adults, Adolescents, Individuals identifying with LGBTQIA+ communities
- Drama Therapy (use of play, movement, objects, metaphor, and role exploration in the therapeutic process)
- Expressive Arts (visual, music, movement, and writing) in therapy
- Developmental Transformations (DvT) (an approach involving personal transformation through embodied encounters in the playspace)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Person-Centered Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
Areas of Specialization:
- Mental health needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, pansexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual, aromantic, and other LGBTQIAP+ communities
- Negative thinking patterns
- Difficulty with change and navigating new life stages
- Grief and loss
Get to Know:
I believe in the importance of unconditional positive regard in the therapeutic relationship. My approach is rooted in compassion, empowerment, and the use of expressive arts and play to bring hope and opportunity to situations that may feel hopeless. I acknowledge the ways race, ethnicity, disability, gender, sexuality, and culture may impact the challenges we face in the world, and how the trauma of being misunderstood or oppressed can lead to personal and interpersonal difficulties throughout life.
Outside of my work I like cooking and baking, specifically trying out new recipes or working with an ingredient that is unfamiliar to me. I like learning new things and taking on a challenge. I bring this curious mindset and open-mindedness into all that I do.
I understand the fears and concerns that can accompany the search for a therapist. I am here to support you and would be honored to hear your story.
I’ve spent years working at inpatient and partial hospitalization levels of care, most recently leading a partial hospitalization program by and for LGBTQIAP+ adults. I am training to become a practitioner in Developmental Transformations (DvT). I suggest this approach when clients are interested in a combination of embodied and talk therapy, or would like to challenge their responses to uncertainties and change.
Education and Training:
Lesley University: MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with a Specialization in Drama Therapy
Gettysburg College: BA in Psychology & Theatre Arts